Thursday 16 March 2017

Springer From Carlogie

I had an hour's fishing on the River Dee at Carlogie this afternoon thanks to ghillie, Sean Stanton and I was fortunate enough to land a lovely springer of around 6lb from the Boat Pool. My set was my 15ft Mackenzie DTX Shooting Head rod with a matching floating line and a 3.9 inch per second tip. The fish took a 3/4" Monkey Fly tied on an aluminium tube on what was only my 3rd cast after starting! The river was sitting at around 1ft 10in on the Potarch Bridge gauge and the wind was blowing a gale!

I seem to be enjoying a lucky streak at the moment and long may it continue. It makes all the difference being in the right place at the right time when the fish are running and there were plenty fish running through the beat whilst I was there. Hopefully they'll keep on coming!

A lovely fresh fish from the Boat Pool at Carlogie.

The Monkey Fly wedged in the scissors of the fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment