Sunday 4 October 2015

Little Blackhall And Inchmarlo - River Dee

I had a day's salmon fishing on the Little Blackhall and Inchmarlo beat of the River Dee last Friday thanks to ghillie Martin Robson which was gratefully appreciated. Conditions were against us with low water and a blazing hot sun high in a cloudless sky and we stuck at it all but needless to say, the going was tough and I caught nothing for my efforts. Still, it was good to be out on the beat again and it's a beat I really enjoy fishing, especially the fabulous Roe Pot which is a joy to cast a fly on even in low water conditions.

I would usually write a report on my day's fishing but as there is nothing really to report on I won't bother on this occasion. Instead I'll just share a few pictures of the beat basking in the Autumn sun.

Fishing down the Otter Stone.
Another view looking downstream in the Otter Stone.
Looking upstream from the Fawn.
Fishing the top of the Roe Pot. A lovely cast.

Looking toward the Inchmarlo Fishing Hut.
Looking downstream in the Roe Pot from the Inchmarlo fhishing hut. A stunning view looking right down the river.
Fishing the House Pool.
Looking downstream in Floating Bank.
The sun finally sets behind the trees whilst fishing the Fawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment