Thursday 20 October 2011

River Don 20/10/11

After a welcome rise on the Don yesterday I headed out for a cast after my work tonight. The water had risen 6" or so over night and was carrying just a wee tinge of colour. I didn't get a touch until I was making my way back down river to head home. I hooked a fish just off a well known lie at the tail of the pool. After a short but spirited fight, I landed a coloured cock fish around the 5lb mark. I didn't see many fish tonight but a few fresh fish showed after clearing the weir. Earlier in the day from the same pool my Dad landed and returned a nice fish of about 12lbs. Here are some pictures of the fish from today. Roll on Saturday!
My 5lb grilse from the tail of Cothal Mill pool just above the weir at 5.10pm this evening. It's nice to finally land a fish this time as I've lost about 4 in the last month or so.
My Dad's fish estimated at about 12lb which took a worm. He was fortunate to land the fish as it was very lightly hooked in the scissors and when banked the hook fell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment