Thursday 24 February 2011

Day 1 at Carlogie 24-02-2011

A big kelt which took my fly this morning. Second one of four I got today. Still no sign of a Springer.

The main Carlogie Hut

Looking down to the Village Pool from the Boat Pool

Top of the Pitslug Pool
First of 3 days fishing on the Carlogie beat, River Dee. Water was a bit on the high side due to snow melt but it was running clear. Due to the high water, all 3 rods fished the Boat pool and Village Pool. I caught 3 kelts in the morning from the Village Pool on a Gold Bodied Willie Gunn. I also lost another 4. I fished the top of the beat in the afternoon for a while and caught another kelt from the Pitslug Pool. The water rose a fair bit in the afternoon and when I left just after 5 o'clock, it had risen to 5' 5" on the Potarch gauge. Hopefully it's not a wash out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment